Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Avik Roy Chowdhury <ro...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/05/20 11:40:37 UTC

How to use SVN Subversion from DOS Prompt

I&nbsp;have Tortoise SVN Client, details of which are as follows:TortoiseSVN 1.2.6, Build 4786 - 32 BitSubversion 1.2.3, apr 0.9.6apr-iconv 0.9.5apr-utils 0.9.6berkeley db 4.3.28neon 0.24.7OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005zlib 1.2.3I am using windows explorer SVN Update and Commit. I want to use SVN Update and Commits from command prompt. What shall&nbsp;I have to do?Thanks and RegardsAvik

Re: How to use SVN Subversion from DOS Prompt

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Avik Roy Chowdhury" <ro...@rediffmail.com> writes:
> I have Tortoise SVN Client, details of which are as follows:
> TortoiseSVN 1.2.6, Build 4786 - 32 Bit
> Subversion 1.2.3,

First, upgrade.  1.2 is very old now.  1.4.6 is the latest, I think.

> I am using windows explorer SVN Update and Commit. I want to use SVN
> Update and Commits from command prompt. What shall I have to do?

Run 'svn --help', and see svnbook.red-bean.com.

Re: How to use SVN Subversion from DOS Prompt

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Avik Roy Chowdhury wrote:

> I have Tortoise SVN Client, details of which are as follows:
> TortoiseSVN 1.2.6, Build 4786 - 32 Bit
> Subversion 1.2.3,
> apr 0.9.6
> apr-iconv 0.9.5
> apr-utils 0.9.6
> berkeley db 4.3.28
> neon 0.24.7
> OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
> zlib 1.2.3
>
> I am using windows explorer SVN Update and Commit. I want to use SVN
> Update and Commits from command prompt. What shall I have to do?

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91

HTH

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup

Re: How to use SVN Subversion from DOS Prompt

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Avik Roy Chowdhury
<ro...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> I have Tortoise SVN Client, details of which are as follows:
> TortoiseSVN 1.2.6, Build 4786 - 32 Bit
> Subversion 1.2.3,
> apr 0.9.6
> apr-iconv 0.9.5
> apr-utils 0.9.6
> berkeley db 4.3.28
> neon 0.24.7
> OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
> zlib 1.2.3
>
> I am using windows explorer SVN Update and Commit. I want to use SVN Update
> and Commits from command prompt. What shall I have to do?

Install the Win32 Subversion command-line client (available from
subversion.tigris.org). It works identically to the *NIX client.