Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io> on 2019/07/19 19:36:33 UTC

Re: Time for a new global summit?

Hi Myrle, thanks for bringing this up, I think this is a great idea of
getting the support of the ApacheCon. This will help us a lot with the
logistics and also, will help us mingle with the rest of the communities.

I would love to volunteer to serve as a track chair of the Fineract track
at the ApacheCon 2020. If nobody has any issue, please introduce me to the
ApacheCOn planners so we can start thinking ahead.

Thanks,
Javier

Re: Time for a new global summit?

Posted by Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io>.
Thanks, Myrle for the support to the community.

Having our track on the ApacheCon North America 2020 will be a pivotal
moment for us as a community.

The *core and digital banking industry* it is expected to be a *$20bn
industry by 2025* (*). As Paul Maritz told us in Amsterdam a few years ago,
we have the opportunity to become the open-source standard for the
financial industry and capture a significant portion of it. We can do this
as a community, together, because the *community outperforms the
individuals. *

We have a lot to learn from other Apache projects. How can we grow to be a
multi-billion industry? How to improve as contributors? How to attract more
talent to space? How to convince big players to join us? What do we need to
include on the platform to make it appeal to big banks? How companies
working with Fineract can have a business model that allows us to empower
the community and not depend on external aid like in the past.

We need to learn a lot from ourselves, what other Fineracters are doing,
what other companies in the space are doing. We've been developing a lot of
cool stuff and serving different actors in the industry. It's time to share
all the knowledge, and have a good time together.

Let's make it happen!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Javier

(*) This number I got it from the Technisys <https://www.technisys.com/>
CEO presentation at a Fintech Forum, a month ago.

Re: Time for a new global summit?

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Hey all,

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.