Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by dkvp21 <dk...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/11 04:56:09 UTC

how to control map and reduce tasks manually...?

hi, all~!

I have some questions. Please help me.

I want to know how to control map and reduce tasks manually.

I mean I want to execute a map phase only, and then I want to execute a
reduce phase.

And is it possible to execute the map phase again using the same input data?

That is, I want to use mapreduce system for task parallel computation.

Finally, is there shared memory between mappers?

If you know, please let me know.

Thanks~! :)