Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Zouhdi Haffar <Zo...@Valtech.com> on 2009/01/23 00:34:16 UTC

ServiceTCCL and service isolation

Hi,

     If we set ServiceTCCL in services.xml, what effect will that have
on service isolation?  We have packaged our web service as an AAR and
have deployed multiple versions of this AAR in the services folder.
Unfortunately, a jar we have included (Rome for RSS) is not able to load
its property files since it requests the resource from the class loader
of the current thread.  To mitigate this we read about setting the
ServiceTCCL parameter but we are worried how this will affect the
isolation between each version of our AARs.  Also, should we use
composite or service?  Thanks.

Zouhdi El Haffar
Senior Consultant
zouhdi.haffar@valtech.com

Valtech
19111 North Dallas Pkwy
Dallas, TX 75287

USA
Tel: 972-789-1200
Fax: 972-789-1340

www.valtech.us

This message and any attachments are Valtech property and may contain
confidential information intended solely for the addressees. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message or if you have received it
incomplete or altered, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail immediately. Any unauthorised use, diffusion or dissemination not
expressly authorised by Valtech in writing is strictly prohibited.