Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by qwest <mp...@qwest.net> on 2000/12/12 20:53:54 UTC

returning vector from service

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm not having any luck getting this working:

I'm trying to send back a vector from a service.  It comes back as an Object
and I can't cast it properly.  I see in the SOAP envelope that it looks like a
String[] but I get an exception when I try to cast it to that.	 How can I get
to that data?

Per a recommendation from the archive list, I tried downloading the latest CVS
version of SOAP and using that, but I get thread problems (which crash Tomcat).

Can I pass vectors back from a service? using the current soap w/o writing my
own deserializer?  I can't get a good idea from the archives as it seems like
some people say I should be able to and some don't.

Anyway, I could really use some help on this.  I'm running Linux w/ Tomcat,
Apache Soap, Xerces 1.2.2, JDK 1.3.

Many TIA.

Marsha Petry