Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/30 19:32:12 UTC

Should we use session.Acknowledge() for high throughput

I have a high frequency sender in which  about a thousand messages are sent
every second to the broker. I wanted to know if I should use
session.Acknowledge(). Does it affect the throughput ? What exactly does it
know. If I understand it correctly this method blocks until an
acknowledgment of all the messages are received from the broker

Re: Should we use session.Acknowledge() for high throughput

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/30/2012 06:32 PM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I have a high frequency sender in which  about a thousand messages are sent
> every second to the broker. I wanted to know if I should use
> session.Acknowledge(). Does it affect the throughput ? What exactly does it
> know. If I understand it correctly this method blocks until an
> acknowledgment of all the messages are received from the broker

No. Acknowledge is only relevant for session on which you receive (i.e.
fetch()) messages. It will have no effect on senders.