Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2006/05/18 02:27:39 UTC

Relative to content-type, Is their convention for the file in the repository?

Relative to content-type, Is their convention for the file in the
repository?

File       Suggested
Extension  Content-type
--------- ----------------------------------
*.jar      application/java-archive
*.pom      ?
*.xml      ?
*.md5      ?
*.sha1     ?

Granted the content type is set in the web server, documenting this will
be helpful to anyone setting up an maven repository.  I assume this is
also true for maven-proxy

Paul Spencer

Re: Relative to content-type, Is their convention for the file in the repository?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I agree... text/plain makes sense for md5 and sha1.

I just haven't seen this documented anywhere "official-like" so I
didn't want to cloud the issue with purely my opinion. ;-)

Wayne

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@xtramind.com>.

Re: Relative to content-type, Is their convention for the file in the repository?

Posted by Brad Davis <bd...@saintandreas.org>.
I couldn't find anything relating to 'digest', 'hash', 'md5' or 'sha1'
at http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/ so I'd say text/plain.
Indeed some places encode these hashes as base64 and some as hex, so it
seems pretty lax.

Brad

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.