Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Scott Semyan <se...@bea.com> on 2005/05/12 19:45:55 UTC

Problem using transactions with JDBC control

I have a new error in the PetStore web sample. I have a section of code
that uses a transaction to add something to the database. I initially
enabled this with the following code:

 public int addOrder(Order order, Cart cart)
 {
  try {
   java.sql.Connection connection = _dbControl.getConnection();
   connection.setAutoCommit( false );

   // Add order to DB
   // Add the cart items and update the quantities in the DB
   //connection.commit();

  } catch (SQLException e) {

            _logger.error( "Unexpected DAO exception", e );
   throw new DataStoreException("unexpected database exception");

  }

  return orderId;
}

This used to work fine. Now when I do it, the order is added correctly,
but the subsequent call to the database (to read the contents of the
order just entered) generates the following:

Exception: org.apache.beehive.controls.api.ControlException: SQL
Exception while attempting to close database connection.[Invalid
transaction state.]
caused by : SQL Exception: Invalid transaction state.

Did anything change recently? Is this the proper way to do transactions
with the JDBC control?

Scott Semyan