Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 21:47:37 UTC

subversion hangs in the middle of commit

Hi,

I am trying to commit ~ 4000 files to subversion repository.
It has been going on for a while, but after a while (~ 1 hour), it
just hangs at "Transmitting file data ..."

It is doing this when it hangs
Transmitting file data ....................................

What should I do now? when I check the subversion repository, i don't
any of my file changes (i add a lot of new files).

Thanks for any idea.

Re: subversion hangs in the middle of commit

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 12, 2007, at 16:47, ying lcs wrote:

> I am trying to commit ~ 4000 files to subversion repository.
> It has been going on for a while, but after a while (~ 1 hour), it
> just hangs at "Transmitting file data ..."
>
> It is doing this when it hangs
> Transmitting file data ....................................
>
> What should I do now? when I check the subversion repository, i don't
> any of my file changes (i add a lot of new files).

And FYI: It's expected that you won't see your changes yet. Your
changes will all appear at once, as a single revision. That's a
fundamental feature of Subversion: your changes succeed all at once,
or if anything fails, the entire set of changes does not get committed.

RE: Re: subversion hangs in the middle of commit

Posted by Méresse Christophe <ch...@nagra.com>.

If you have some post-commit hooks, they may take a long time to finish.

Regards
Christophe

Re: subversion hangs in the middle of commit

Posted by Eric <sp...@scoot.netis.com>.

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.