Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Leng, Jialing" <ji...@uk.fid-intl.com> on 2002/05/24 17:14:06 UTC

Set up Tomcat for SSL Communication

I am new to Soap and newer to Soap over SSL.

I am using TomCat 4.0.3 and trying to set up it for SSL communication. I
generated the keys
as instructed in the document "Setting up Apache Tomcat and a Simple Apache
SOAP
Client for SSL Communication." and update the server.xml with the following:

    <!-- Define an SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->

               enableLookups="true"
	       acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true">
      <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
	       keystoreFile="C:\webservice\server.keystore"
               keystorePass="changeit"
               clientAuth="true" protocol="TLS"/>
    </Connector>

But when I go to https://localhost:8443/index.html, nothing is displayed,
Why?
I have been stuck here, any help would be much appreciated !
Jialing