Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Elodie Tasia <e....@ever-team.com> on 2002/06/03 15:55:35 UTC

Put a file on the server

Hi,

I'm testing the method of the WebdavResource class : putMethod(File file).
The documentation about it is not clear, so I tried to put a file from my PC
to a server on another computer.

I created my file like this :
File myfile = new File("d:\\temp.txt");

and then I used the put method to send it. But I got the error message :
FileNotFoundException.
That means that the server search the file on its own file system : the data
on MY computer are not sent.

Why ?
I don't see the utility of such a method, in that case.

Can somenone explain ?

Thanx

Re: Put a file on the server

Posted by Elodie Tasia <e....@ever-team.com>.
No, I'm sure the path is correct : I've been using that method [
putMethod(String, File) ] for a long time, but I forgot to test it with a
file not on the same computer as the server...
Since I get a FileNotFoundException, the problem can only come from the file
that I want to put to the server...

Re: Put a file on the server

Re: Put a file on the server

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.