Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2004/05/03 14:07:49 UTC

Re: svnadmin recover hangs

Eric Carlson <er...@group-technical.com> writes:

> Hi, on W2k I did this twice on the same repos, and was forced to kill
> the job after a couple hours. Should I wait longer or is there some
> other check I should perform? No using apache mod - its svnserve in
> case thats relevant. Thanks.

'svnadmin recover' will wait until it has exclusive access to the
repository before it does any work, and even then that work can take
anywhere from milliseconds to hours depending on how much recovery is
needed.

Re: svnadmin recover hangs

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/ch05s03.html#svn-ch-5-sect-3.4