Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Rob Lauer <Ro...@telerik.com> on 2014/07/11 16:51:10 UTC

Verified Plugins Marketplace

Hi Cordova Team,

My name is Rob Lauer and I'm the Product Manager for AppBuilder here at Telerik. I'm writing to let you know that we just released our brand new "Verified Plugins Marketplace" for custom Cordova plugins. It's available today, for free of course, at plugins.telerik.com<http://plugins.telerik.com/>.

This site is meant to serve as a curated list of high value Cordova plugins that we have tested, verified, documented, and used to create simple sample apps (with Kendo UI) for hybrid developers. Our primary goal for this site is to ease some of the pain developers experience when choosing and implementing custom plugins - and thereby boosting the profile of hybrid development in general. We are not trying to compete with plugins.cordova.io or other existing plugin catalogs - we expect to maintain a smaller, maintainable, set of plugins. There is more information available at this blog post<http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/14-07-11/verified-plugins-marketplace-your-source-for-verified-cordova-phonegap-plugins> if you are curious.

We also have a UserVoice portal<http://telerik-verified-plugins.uservoice.com/> to solicit opinions on which plugins we should include next. Please try it all out and let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Rob Lauer | Product Manager at Telerik
@rdlauer<http://twitter.com/rdlauer>

Re: Verified Plugins Marketplace

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Looks pretty snazzy.  Thanks for the heads up.

Appreciate that you provide Instructions for "Install plugin using Cordova
CLI" very clearly.

Posted by Marc Weiner <mh...@gmail.com>.
Very awesome Rob! Looking forward to using it!

Marc

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by tommy-carlos williams <to...@devgeeks.org>.
Rob,

Posted by Gorkem Ercan <go...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 08:12:08AM -0700, Brian LeRoux wrote:
> this would be a good time to talk about the federation capabilities in
> Plugman and the Cordova/CLI then =)
>
> time for:
>
> `cordova registry add telerik http://plugins.telerik.com/ && cordova set
> registry telerik`
>
> (or something like that)

I second that and would help with its implementation. It requires a bit
of agreement though, Cordova CLI has the logic to support npmjs based repos at
this time. It would probably be better, if we can just define a set of REST
APIs for registries to provide and always do the installation through
git.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.