Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by "Santos-Neto, Elizeu" <el...@dsc.ufcg.edu.br> on 2005/06/08 15:37:17 UTC

SOAP request failed

	Hi All,

	I'm finished a simple client to interact to a Muse deployed Web
Service. However, when I execute the client I got the following message:

SOAP request failed with HTTP status: 500 Internal Server Error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: <xml-fragment
   <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
   <faultstring>Internal server error occurred.</faultstring>
   <detail/>
</xml-fragment>
         at ServiceStub.getGridStatus(ServiceStub.java:61)
         at MGStatusClient.main(MGStatusClient.java:15)

	I've searched Google and I did not get any clarification about what
could be happenning?

	Does someone have any clue about it?

	Thanks in advance!

	Cheers,

---
Elizeu Santos-Neto
OurGrid Research Assistant
http://www.ourgrid.org
http://www.lsd.ufcg.edu.br/~elizeu
TEL: + 55 83 310 1065 - Ext.: 25
MOB: + 55 83 9965 4536

Re: SOAP request failed

Posted by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org>.
Hi Elizeu,

If you set the log level to DEBUG, the server will hopefully print a stack
trace of the exception. To do this, within the muse webapp, in
WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties, change the line:

   log4j.category.org.apache.ws=INFO

to:

   log4j.category.org.apache.ws=DEBUG

and then restart Tomcat. Now resend the request that is resulting in the
internal server error, and look for a stack trace on the Tomcat console.
If you copy and paste the full Tomcat DEBUG output to a text file and send
it to the list, we should be able to figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
Ian