Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by HerbertV <he...@kliksafe.nl> on 2009/07/30 17:44:30 UTC

Pixel to millimeter conversion for everything (fonts e.t.c) except images

Hello,

It's clear to me that FOP use the SourceResolution (setSourceResolution() on
FopFactory) use for determining the size of images if PPI (better known here
as DPI) setting is missing. That works fine for me. Say an image without PPI
information than it's true that the higher I set the source resolution by
the setSourceResolution the smaller the image in de PDF. No problem so far.

Fop use this setting also for conversion of other pixel values. That
behaviour contradict with the behaviour by images as described above.
Because for other elements, for example a font-size of text, with pixel
values (other elemens than images) it's true that the higher the source
resolution the greater the result!

So my problem in short: the higher the source resolution the smaller the
images and the greater other html element like fonts. And I expect: the
higher the source resolution the smaller the images and the smaller other
html element like fonts

Thanx,
Herbert

Re: Pixel to millimeter conversion for everything (fonts e.t.c) except images

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 31 Jul 2009, at 12:22, HerbertV wrote:

Hi

> UPDATE2: Tested with new xmlgrapics and new fop jar, and works for
> me! Many
> thanks. Only one question left: Now i'm not using a release, but a own
> build. Is the trunk always stable?

Trunk is not always stable, but there are quite some users using it in
production environments, so that instabilities get reported and caught
soon enough. Given that we have a quite extensive test-suite, the
chances of unstable code getting committed is rather slim (although
the test-suite obviously does not cover /every/ possible use-case, the
most common cases are checked, and we have a policy not to commit any
code that breaks existing tests).

> And when comes a new build / release of FOP?

It's somewhat overdue. Initially, a release was planned for early
2009, but we're running a bit behind here, unfortunately...

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Delmelle
e-mail: andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be
Skype: adlm0608
Jabber: mandreas@jabber.org

Re: Pixel to millimeter conversion for everything (fonts e.t.c) except images

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Herbert,

HerbertV wrote:

<snip/>

> Many thanks for your fast reaction. I used FOP 0.95 indeed, the binary. So i
> checked out the trunk of FOP and install ant for making a build. That
> results in a new fop.jar and a new problem. When i call the
> FopFactory.newInstance() method, i get an exception:
> org/apache/xmlgraphics/util/uri/CommonURIResolver
>
> It seems that the XML xmlgraphics-commons jar also changed. But by the build
> script of FOP there is no new xmlgraphics jar builded. Have I to check out
> the xmlgraphics, and build it also?

The new jar came with the sources you checked out, in the lib/
directory. There’s no need to build it, you should just replace the old
jar in the classpath of your own application with the new one.

HTH,
Vincent

Re: Pixel to millimeter conversion for everything (fonts e.t.c) except images

Posted by HerbertV <he...@kliksafe.nl>.

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.