Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by neerajbhatt <ne...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/12 08:15:02 UTC

Increasing solr nodes

Hi

We have a solr cluster of 3 machines , A collection has three shards and 2
replicas so total of 9. Right now each machine has one shard leader and 2
replicas
Because of index size we need to increase the cluster to 9 ,What is the best
possible way to move a shard leader or replica to a new node

Re: Increasing solr nodes

Posted by Hendrik Haddorp <he...@gmx.net>.
You can use the MOVEREPLICA command:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/collections-api.html
Alternately you can also add another replica and then remove one of your
old replicas.
When you a replica you can either specify the node it shall be placed on
or let Solr pick a node for you.