Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/14 23:15:08 UTC

[S2] the autocompleter tag - TLD out of sync

Hello,

I am using the latest Struts 2.0.2 build from repository.

This time I am trying to use the autocompleter tag.
The showcase example shows it's basic usage, looks promising.
But there are some issues.
*) how to reload the contents of the tag while the user is typing? is
it possible?
*) some properties from the 'AutocompleterTag' are missing
(searchType) or misspelled (delay while java code shows it should be
searchDelay) in TLD

Also the
   http://struts.apache.org/WW/tag-reference.html
wiki page does not mention this tag.

After I locally changed TLD to contain attribute 'searchDelay'
(instead of 'delay'), it started to accept this property, but I do not
see any effect of reloading it from the server.

My JSP page contains
   <s:head theme="ajax"/>
in head, and
   <s:autocompleter theme="ajax" href="/listy/kontrahenci.action"
cssStyle="width: 200px;" dropdownHeight="180" searchDelay="1"/>
in the body.

Please help mi find how to use it correctly, so that it reloads the
combo after typing sth and waiting the given delay. And what units
does the searchDelay accept? seconds or millis?

Best regards
 Dariusz Wojtas

Re: [S2] the autocompleter tag - TLD out of sync

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.
Dojo is "eating up" the key events, and notifyTopics is only published
when a value is selected from the dropdown, so, the way it is right now
I think it cannot be done. I will try to add it, not sure if it will be
on 2.0.2 (I've broken enough things for this version already :) )

musachy

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.
You answer at the speed of light ;)
Thanks a lot.