Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by mo...@blubbernet.com on 2004/11/27 17:53:42 UTC

Getting the "pre rewrite rules" uri

Hi,

Using MP1 and I have a really small niggling problem that I can't seem to
find the answer for. We've written our own content handler. There are
several rewrite rules in the format of the following example in the apache
config:

RewriteRule ^/page_(.+).html$ /page.pl?page_id=$1 [passthrough]

When we call the uri method on the Apache::Request object that the
handler has been passed, it returns the value "/page.html".

I want to know the original uri value, from before the rewrite taking
place... How do I get it? Assume there are lots of rewrite rules of
slightly different formats and that the handler doesn't know what they
are.

--
Digital photo printing:
http://www.fotoserve.com/?affiliate_id=1093871459

Re: Getting the "pre rewrite rules" uri

Posted by mo...@blubbernet.com.
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Torsten Foertsch wrote:

> $r->the_request() is read only and returns the request line.

Perfect. Thank you very much.

Posted by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Saturday 27 November 2004 17:53, modperl@blubbernet.com wrote:
> Using MP1 and I have a really small niggling problem that I can't seem to
> find the answer for. We've written our own content handler. There are
> several rewrite rules in the format of the following example in the apache
> config:
>
> RewriteRule ^/page_(.+).html$ /page.pl?page_id=$1 [passthrough]
>
> When we call the uri method on the Apache::Request object that the
> handler has been passed, it returns the value "/page.html".
>
> I want to know the original uri value, from before the rewrite taking
> place... How do I get it? Assume there are lots of rewrite rules of
> slightly different formats and that the handler doesn't know what they
> are.

$r->the_request() is read only and returns the request line.

Torsten