Posted to users@maven.apache.org by LINUS FERNANDES <li...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/07 15:42:15 UTC

How to download zip instead of jar from maven repo...

I'm trying to use the following maven plugin to run static code analysis on
groovy scripts.

        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.grails.plugins</groupId>
          <artifactId>codenarc</artifactId>
          <version>1.6</version>
        </plugin>

I added the plugin repositories as below since it's not hosted on the
superPom's repos.

   <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>grails-plugins</id>
      <name>Grails Plugins Repository</name>
      <url>https://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins</url>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

However, I encounter an error downloading the dependencies since maven
expects a codenarc:jar file but a zip file is provided instead.

How do I force Maven to download the zip file instead, preferably
configuring it within the pom?

Regards,
Linus.

Re: How to download zip instead of jar from maven repo...

Posted by LINUS FERNANDES <li...@gmail.com>.
type does not work with plugins, only dependencies, if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.
This is not a Maven plug-in either.

A quick Google search surfaced
https://gleclaire.github.io/codenarc-maven-plugin/ though.

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.
I meant Java 9 was 2017 not 2019.

The main reason I thought it was a Java 9 issue, was seeing this in
your stacktrace "java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor." so it was
showing module/classname.

I've come across lots of plugins that have had issues with Java 9 or
newer, so if something fails, I try it with Java 1.8, or see if a
newer version is available.

John

Posted by LINUS FERNANDES <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, John, for your help.