Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2002/12/01 13:50:40 UTC

JAXP and xml-apis-1.0.b2

In Maven, we've had some problems lately related to JAXP and
xml-apis-1.0.b2.

We have a version of xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar that apparently is stuffed.

When I rebuild the jar from source, and use it in place of the existing
one in our repo, all is fine without the various JAXP flags added into the
shell script/batch file.

Can someone tell me where the jar in the repo came from?

I'd like to investigate further the difference between that jar and the
one you get by checking out xml-commons and doing:

ant external

I'd be happy to replace the original (and seemingly bad) jar, but given
this has been done before I'd like to check first :)
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: JAXP and xml-apis-1.0.b2

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"James Strachan" <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote on 02/12/2002 07:20:06
PM:

> From: <di...@multitask.com.au>
> > In Maven, we've had some problems lately related to JAXP and
> > xml-apis-1.0.b2.
> >
> > We have a version of xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar that apparently is stuffed.
>
> In what way?

Well, apparently in no way :) I had successfully bootstrapped with my
1.0.b2 jar on 1.3 with mods and thought it was the old jar - it wasn't.

> > When I rebuild the jar from source, and use it in place of the
existing
> > one in our repo, all is fine without the various JAXP flags added into
the
> > shell script/batch file.
> >
> > Can someone tell me where the jar in the repo came from?
>
> It came from xml-commons-1.0.b2.
Cool.

> > I'd like to investigate further the difference between that jar and
the
> > one you get by checking out xml-commons and doing:
> >
> > ant external
> >
> > I'd be happy to replace the original (and seemingly bad) jar, but
given
> > this has been done before I'd like to check first :)
>
> I just took the jar that came in the xml-commons-1.0.b2 distribution.
Any
> idea whats wrong with the jar?

Nope. But I think I know what's wrong with the 1.4 bootstrap. I still
can't work out why the 1.3 bootstrap can't see the xerces jar in the same
classloader as the jaxp classes.

Re: JAXP and xml-apis-1.0.b2

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: <di...@multitask.com.au>
> In Maven, we've had some problems lately related to JAXP and
> xml-apis-1.0.b2.
>
> We have a version of xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar that apparently is stuffed.

In what way?

> When I rebuild the jar from source, and use it in place of the existing
> one in our repo, all is fine without the various JAXP flags added into the
> shell script/batch file.
>
> Can someone tell me where the jar in the repo came from?

It came from xml-commons-1.0.b2.

> I'd like to investigate further the difference between that jar and the
> one you get by checking out xml-commons and doing:
>
> ant external
>
> I'd be happy to replace the original (and seemingly bad) jar, but given
> this has been done before I'd like to check first :)

I just took the jar that came in the xml-commons-1.0.b2 distribution. Any
idea whats wrong with the jar?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/