Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> on 2016/10/06 13:25:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] Deprecating and removing DockerContainerExecutor

Hi folks

I am emailing here to bring attention to YARN-5388 that proposes to
deprecate DockerContainerExecutor (DCE) in 2.x and its removal in 3.0.

DCE was released in 2.6. Since then, the LinuxContainerExecutor has been
augmented to support Docker containers alongside non-Docker ones. Given the
duplication and maturity of the latter, the proposal is to deprecate DCE in
2.x and remove it in 3.0.

Thoughts?

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecating and removing DockerContainerExecutor

Posted by Sidharta Seethana <si...@gmail.com>.
Apologies for the late response, Karthik.

+1 on removing it. Especially given all the work going on related to
YARN-3611.

-Sidharta.

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org>.
+1,