Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ram Sharma <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/28 13:26:35 UTC

Re: shindig 0.8 NETWORK_DISTANCE

Hi Anand,

I think you can just add 1 condition and 1 method to use that as you
require.

the code will be in BasicPeopleService and Related DbFetcherFile of your
container.

In BasicPeopleService
getPeople() method :
Condition will be like

case 'friends':
        if($networkDistance)
            $friendIds = XmlStateFileFetcher::get()->
getCommonFriendIds($token.owner,$token.viewer);
        else
           $friendIds = XmlStateFileFetcher::get()->getFriendIds();

In DbFetcher File write a function to find retrive common friends of Viewer
and Owner.

--
Ram Sharma
Software Engineer

Re: shindig 0.8 NETWORK_DISTANCE

Posted by peeyush gulati <pe...@gmail.com>.
Dear Anand/Ram

Fetching common friends of owner and viewer is a case of intersection
between the freind lists which can be implemented easily without network
distance.

The real task with network distance is as what anand said FOFOF .......
fetching such a case would be a isse and needs to be given thougth on how to
go about doing it on algorithmic fronts.

Thanks and Regards
Peeyush

--
Thanks and Regards