Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/31 01:35:19 UTC

[Android] W3C Widget Spec Work: Changing Plugin to Feature

Hey

I know that this is getting annoying, but I've changed the plugins to
use the W3C feature syntax so that in theory you can take a config.xml
document from a build project and put it in the Cordova project and as
long as you have the plugins Service and Namespace values specified,
the plugins should load.  This is based on the work in CB-1108 and can
be found in my repo here:

https://github.com/infil00p/callback-android/tree/widget_work

I added the old hooks so that things don't break, but this should give
us most of what we need.  Please feel free to look at this, and let me
know whether it should go in or just be junked.

Joe

Re: [Android] W3C Widget Spec Work: Changing Plugin to Feature

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
This makes sense to me if all the platforms are moving towards the
same config.xml as the syntax should be consistent. I also like that
it does not break if someone hasn't upgraded their config.xml to the
new scheme.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Great - iOS will take its cue from Android's transition since we never
had a config.xml in the first place...

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Nice work Joe!