Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/08 15:43:48 UTC

Perceptron Passive Aggressive training

Hi,

should we additionally implement passive aggressive training
for our perceptron and see how it then performs?
Benson mentioned that he is using it, so I guess it works great.

Any opinions?

If we think its a great idea it would be nice to create a jira for it.

Thanks,
Jörn

Re: Perceptron Passive Aggressive training

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

This looks like a useful paper in this regard:

Shin Matsushima*, *Nobuyuki Shimizu*, *Kazuhiro Yoshida*, *Takashi Ninomiya,
Hiroshi Nakagawa: Exact Passive-Aggressive Algorithm for Multiclass
Classification Using Support Class.* the 2010 SIAM International Conference
on Data Mining* (SDM'2010).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDsQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.siam.org%2Fproceedings%2Fdatamining%2F2010%2Fdm10_027_matsushimas.pdf&rct=j&q=passive-aggressive%20algorithms&ei=PIfvTd_xB8HY0QGzn6j2DA&usg=AFQjCNGlkEbTh_Py4am0G49JCLgYgBpJCA&cad=rja

--
Jason Baldridge
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics

Re: Perceptron Passive Aggressive training

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
this is the paper. We had a couple of phone calls with Koby before we
sorted it out altogether.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.