Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Koch <je...@intersessions.com> on 2005/06/22 01:19:16 UTC

spamd starting error

Hi:

On both 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 I'm getting the following error when trying to
start spamd on a CentOS 3.4 mailserver (Redhat ES 3.4 clone).

/etc/init.d/spamd has SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -c -m5 -q -x -v -H" which works
successfully with a number of Redhat 8.0 mailservers.

I tried local.cf with 'use_auto_whitelist 0' and without.

Has anyone else seen this error? Any solutions? TIA
----------------
Starting spamd: The -a option has been removed.  Please look at the
use_auto_whitelist config option instead.
[FAILED]
----------------

Best Regards,

Jeff Koch

Re: spamd starting error

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 07:19:16PM -0400, Jeff Koch wrote:
> On both 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 I'm getting the following error when trying to
> start spamd on a CentOS 3.4 mailserver (Redhat ES 3.4 clone).
>
> /etc/init.d/spamd has SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -c -m5 -q -x -v -H" which works
> successfully with a number of Redhat 8.0 mailservers.

Hrm.  I'd look at the init script and see what it's doing.  It looks
like there's a default of -a that you're not overriding.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
 Zapp: The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongey and bruised.