Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steve K <sh...@mm.st> on 2003/11/22 03:31:54 UTC

ExcaliburTestCase broken in 2.1.3

Hey folks --

It looks like the ExcaliburTestCase is broken in 2.1.3.  If you run
./build.sh test, the junit tests that extend ExcaliburTestCase run but
none of the tests get executed:

Running org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGeneratorTestCase
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec
Testsuite: org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGeneratorTestCase
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec
Running org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformerTestCase
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec
Testsuite: org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformerTestCase
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec
Running org.apache.cocoon.acting.RequestParamActionTestCase
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
Testsuite: org.apache.cocoon.acting.RequestParamActionTestCase
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec

Note the "Test run: 0" on each line.  It looks like something went wrong
with the class with the recent maven-ification of the avalon-excalibur
repository.  For some reason, the current version in the repository will
enumerate the methods on the ExcaliburTestCase class to find the test
methods, rather than enumerating the methods on this.getClass() -- the
subclass that actually has the tests in it.

What appears to be the older, working version of the ExcaliburTestCase
class can be found in the avalon-sandbox repository [1].  I was unable
to build the avalon-excalibur/component repository using maven -- I'm
not too familiar with it and didn't get very far (it just built empty jars).

Does anyone know what I can do to get this working again?

cheers,
-steve

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-sandbox/excalibur-old-materials/component/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/testcase/?hideattic=0#dirlist