Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "Chamberland, Martin" <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca> on 2020/04/29 18:18:21 UTC

CLEANUP after a meeting (security)

[cid:banner1.jpg]

Hi ther,

It's not a bug, more a question.
Suppose we do a meeting a room with colleague,  we see each other, we chat, we put file on the whiteboard.

When the meeting is over, we leave the room, but....  All our chat and files stay there for people that will use the same room next day.
Is there some kind of mechanism that can erase, cleanup all the personal info,  file and sentences in the chat ?

Best regards

Martin C.

Re: CLEANUP after a meeting (security)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Chat is in the DB
So restart will not help here

--
Best regards,
Maxim

RE: CLEANUP after a meeting (security)

Posted by "Chamberland, Martin" <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca>.
[cid:banner1.jpg]

www.fadq.qc.ca<http://www.fadq.qc.ca>

> First,  i’m using 5.0.0M4 and i don’t see the ACTIONS button ☹
Sorry I haven't installed it yet, but I also just experienced with Chrome that the menu was gone. I had to refresh my browser window.

>  that will clean the whiteboard
Not actually. It will remove all whiteboards and create a new blank one.

> not the files that where upload on the left menu FILES (Room files) public drive
Nope, and the chat as well has to be cleared manually.

> REST API command will clear all that
Not either, but the room is no further accessible, so no one can access the file that are attached to that room. Actually I don't know about the chat. Didn't test that functionality yet.

There is a cleanup function on the dashboard accessible to admin. That might do the lob. I'm not sure.

Best K.

Am Mi., 29. Apr. 2020 um 20:50 Uhr schrieb Chamberland, Martin <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca>>:

[cid:banner1.jpg]

Thank’s for replying.

First,  i’m using 5.0.0M4 and i don’t see the ACTIONS button ☹

Also,  that will clean the whiteboard,  not the files that where upload on the left menu FILES (Room files) public drive

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

RE: CLEANUP after a meeting (security)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

by default files are uploaded to user personal space (NOT public drive)

If you need to perform total clean-up you need:
0) be admin
2) reset WB (It was broken in M4 but already fixed in M5)
3) delete chat log
4*) move files to the trash
5**) As admin perform clean-up of files

--