Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by André Schütz <an...@wegtam.com> on 2018/03/06 10:37:17 UTC

ReplayException after shutdown and restart

Hi,

we created a keyspace that contained two tables. These tables are
filled with data. For a shutdown of the machine, we performed "nodetool
flush" (and also in a second try "nodetool drain"). After that, we
stopped the Cassandra service with "SigTerm"

We changed nothing after the system stop and restarted the node. The
following error occured during restart.

[code]
ERROR 10:14:33 Exiting due to error while processing commit log during initialization.
org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogReplayer$CommitLogReplayException: Unexpected error deserializing mutation; saved to /tmp/mutation8563274912263154073dat.  This may be caused by replaying a mutation against a table with the same name but incompatible schema.  Exception follows: org.apache.cassandra.serializers.MarshalException: Expected 4 byte long for date (0)
[/code]

Before the shutdown, the data was correctly and without errors available within the database.

Any ideas about that error?

Thank you in advance.
Andre

--
Andre Schütz
COO / Founder - Wegtam GmbH

Re: ReplayException after shutdown and restart

Posted by André Schütz <an...@wegtam.com>.
Another information about this error.

Before creating the keyspace and the tables, we removed all former
commitlog entries and data from the local data folder. "Testimport" is
the keyspace for the tables.

/cassandra/data/commitlog/*
/cassandra/data/data/testimport/*

After the filling of th tables, there were correctly two tables under
the keyspace:

/cassandra/data/data/testimport/table1-hash1
/cassandra/data/data/testimport/table2-hash2

After the shutdown and the restart, we had 4 entries:

/cassandra/data/data/testimport/table1-hash1
/cassandra/data/data/testimport/table1-hash3
/cassandra/data/data/testimport/table2-hash2
/cassandra/data/data/testimport/table2-hash4

This maybe helps to give us a hint what went wrong?

Thanks,
Andre