Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ehmann, Brian" <Br...@xmradio.com> on 2007/06/18 18:59:40 UTC

Set alternate location for .m2

Hey,

I'm new to maven so forgive me if this is a stupid question or if it has
been previously answered; however I have not found anything on Google.

Can someone tell me how to specify a custom location of the .m2
directory?  I need to put this folder outside of the user.home
directory.

Thanks,

Brian Ehmann

Re: Set alternate location for .m2

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Brian,

Ehmann, Brian wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to specify a custom location of the .m2
> directory?  I need to put this folder outside of the user.home
> directory.

PROMPT$ mvn --help

usage: mvn [options] [<goal(s)>] [<phase(s)>]

[snip]
 -s,--settings                 Alternate path for the user settings file
[snip]

RE: Set alternate location for .m2

Posted by "Ehmann, Brian" <Br...@xmradio.com>.
That will let me set the repository location, but I'd like to set the
.m2 directory location since I will need to create a custom settings.xml
file that will go inside of the .m2 directory.

        <localRepository>c:\opt\.m2\repository</localRepository>
    </settings>

--
---
Thanks,

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/djmick_dot_com
http://www.myspace.com/sexybeotches
http://www.thumpradio.com
---

Re: Set alternate location for .m2

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
in you settings.xml:

--
---

Posted by Olivier Jacob <ol...@gmail.com>.
> Hey,
>
> I'm new to maven so forgive me if this is a stupid question or if it has
> been previously answered; however I have not found anything on Google.
>
> Can someone tell me how to specify a custom location of the .m2
> directory?  I need to put this folder outside of the user.home
> directory.

Hi,

you can add -Duser.home=<path> in your MAVEN_OPTS env variable, where <path>
is the path to the folder
containing you .m2 directory.

--
Olivier Jacob