Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nom Prénom <th...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/12/30 15:35:01 UTC

Classpath with a path located on a distant server

Hi everybody!

Excuse me to disturb.
I would like to know if I can use Ant to build classes using library, classes located on distant server without importing them. I.E. is it possible to set a classpath with a path located on a distant server?

PS: Perhaps this is a Java issue and not an Ant one. I don't even know if I can set a distant path for java compiling purpose without using Ant...

Thanks for your help,
Best regards,

Guillaume
(English, Français, Italian, Deutsch understood)

RE: email question

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Chun-

way too many necessary details she is hiding from you to determine what the exact problem is

you need to specify smtp server, pop3 server, authentication details
in other words one wrong entry and nothing works
and if she has a firewall setup you have even more problems

as she has the necessary details to get this task operational my advice is to work out these details with her

Good Luck,
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Subject: email question
> Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:43:38 -0800
> From: CJi@pro-unlimited.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
>

> Hi follows,
> I have an ant script that runs perfectly on a linux machine. The last step of that script is to send out the output by email.  The ANT script I have is:
> "
> <target name="sendemail">
>       <mail from="someone@somewhere.com"
>             tolist="..."
>             subject="Script Output"
>             messagemimetype="text/html"
>             messagefile="output.html"/>
> </target>
> ".
>
> Now my boss told me that SHE is going to copy everything to a new staging machine to run the script. Do you see any reason this "sendemail" part not working, such as firewall limit ?
>

> Thanks for any help.
>

> Chun

Life on your PC is safer, easier, and more enjoyable with Windows Vista®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032870/direct/01/

email question

Re: Classpath with a path located on a distant server

Posted by Nan Null <nu...@gmail.com>.
Add to Martin's suggestion, if none of his solutions fits your case,
then you can always look into class loader.  A class loader can load
classes from anywhere, so that will guarantee to work.  If you define
a task, here's a snippet I got off the net:

<taskdef name="isolatedLoader"
classname="org.gradle.api.tasks.util.IsolatedLoader"/>
<isolatedLoader ref="loader">
      <classpath path="....."/>
</isolatedLoader>
<taskdef name="task name" classname="class name" loaderref="loader"/>

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008