Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2008/10/07 19:22:40 UTC

Presenting PDFBox at the ApacheCon US 2008

Hi,

this is a call for presenters for Fast Feather Track at ApacheCon US
2008 in New Orleans.

You may already know the new "Fast Feather Track" which was held for the
first time at ApacheCon Europe 2007. Fast Feather track presentations
are 10-15 minute presentations about a specific project or topic. The
focus is on Apache Incubator and Apache Labs projects.

We would very much like to have a presentation about PDFBox at the Fast
Feather Track, and would like to invite someone from the team to submit
a presentation proposal!

You'll need to send

* a title
* a brief description of what you want to talk about (remember that the
talk is only 15 minutes long - five sentences is probably plenty),
* and a short bio (if you're already speaking at ApacheCon, you can skip
this step).

to mailto:fastfeather-2008-us@apachecon.com list.

What do you get out of it? If you send in your details really soon (in
the next 24h), we'll do our best to make sure they appear in the program
- and we'll be able to make sure that your talk gets printed nicely on
the schedule at the conference. You'll also get bragging rights, kudos
and karma - and you might even pick up a few new groupie^Wcommitters.

ApacheCon New Orleans - are you ready, for just about anything?

Craig & Carsten, your Fast Feather Crew

(NB Speaking in the Fast Feather Track does not entitle you to the full
range of speaker perks - you'll get a shiny badge, and your bio in the
program, but you won't get your travel, room or registration comped.
Doesn't make it any less fun though, we promise!)
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Presenting PDFBox at the ApacheCon US 2008

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Jukka,

thanks for your submission - your talk will be scheduled on wednesday
afternoon (time is not fixed yet).

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> We would very much like to have a presentation about PDFBox at the Fast
> Feather Track, and would like to invite someone from the team to submit
> a presentation proposal!
>
> You'll need to send
>
> * a title

What's cooking in PDFBox?

> * a brief description of what you want to talk about (remember that the
> talk is only 15 minutes long - five sentences is probably plenty),

PDFBox is an established and widely used Java library for working with
PDF documents. The project entered the Apache Incubation in early 2008
and is currently working on its first Apache release. This
presentation gives an overview of the PDF format and the features of
PDFBox. Current incubation status and related issues are also
outlined.

> * and a short bio (if you're already speaking at ApacheCon, you can skip
> this step).

I'm already a speaker.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Presenting PDFBox at the ApacheCon US 2008

Posted by Ben Litchfield <be...@benlitchfield.com>.
I would love to but I can't make to this years ApacheCon.

Ben

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,