Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2012/12/13 10:43:59 UTC

Cleaning up compatibility notes

We have lots of old compatibility notes in the docs.

The following patch would remove all pre-2.5 notes from trunk docs:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/docs-remove-compat-from-2_5.patch

Any objections to apply?

Furthermore IMHO the 2.4 docs should only contain compatibility notes
about 2.3.x and 2.4.x. All notes about 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 changes should
be removed. Any objections to that?

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Cleaning up compatibility notes

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
On Thursday 13 December 2012 10:43:59 Rainer Jung wrote:
> We have lots of old compatibility notes in the docs.
>
> The following patch would remove all pre-2.5 notes from trunk docs:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/docs-remove-compat-from-2_5.patch
>
> Any objections to apply?
>
> Furthermore IMHO the 2.4 docs should only contain compatibility notes
> about 2.3.x and 2.4.x. All notes about 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 changes should
> be removed. Any objections to that?

I'd prefer to keep the >= 2.2 notes in 2.4.x. It makes mixed setups and
migrations easier.

nd