Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Adil <ad...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/05 11:03:06 UTC

upgrading cassandra

Hi,
we have a cluster with cassandra 3.0.9 and we are going to upgrade it to
the latest version which i think is 3.11.3 but a teamate told me that the
latest version is 3.0.17.
what is the latest stable version?

thanks in advance.

Re: upgrading cassandra

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
The 3.0 branch is slightly different than the 3.11 branch

For you, going to 3.0.18 would be a minor version upgrade while going to 3.11.4 would be a major version upgrade

3.11 would give you access to features like CDC, SASI and performance improvements like better large partition support and the in process chunk cache

Note that I said 3.0.18 and 3.11.4 - new releases should come out this week or early next, and I encourage you to wait for these new versions

--
Jeff Jirsa