Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/02/03 16:44:31 UTC

[svgplan] Status and future?

I'm using now the plan stuff to visualize some planning data for myself,
and here are a couple of fixes (patch seems overkill):

  - in Main there is no need to do a System.exit, that makes it
    impossible to reuse the class as a utility
  - the font-family in PlanRenderer should be "sans-serif" instead
    of "sans-serif" so that the SVG can render in the Adobe plugin

I'm starting to patch some stuff, and I was wondering if anyone has
ideas wether there are some commits pending on it, and what is the
forseeable future for this.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [svgplan] Status and future?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ralph LaChance wrote:
>> - in Main there is no need to do a System.exit, that makes it
>>    impossible to reuse the class as a utility
>

> Be careful - check the archives on this one; seems to me this System.Exit
> has been added and removed half a dozen times over the past two or three
> releases.  I certainly don't recall what the issues were, I'm just warning
> you it might not be a straightforward as it seems   ;-)

The issue is an AWT thread hanging around in case a SVG
is rendered, therefore the FOP CLI did not exit, causing
as much grief as the exit() in question.

J.Pietschmann

Re: [svgplan] Status and future?

Posted by Ralph LaChance <Ra...@compuserve.com>.
At 10:44 AM 2/3/2003, you wrote:
>- in Main there is no need to do a System.exit, that makes it
>    impossible to reuse the class as a utility

Be careful - check the archives on this one; seems to me this System.Exit
has been added and removed half a dozen times over the past two or three
releases.  I certainly don't recall what the issues were, I'm just warning
you it might not be a straightforward as it seems   ;-)

         ' Best,
         -Ralph LaChance

         In theory, there is no difference between
         theory and practice, but in practice there is.

                 (Jan L.A. van de Snepsheut (1953-1994), late of CalTech)