Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/01 10:26:14 UTC

Test failures in o.a.j.o.plugins.document

I experience multiple failures from tests in o.a.j.o.plugins.document. It
looks like they have something to do with how the tests use Docker. I have
Docker for Mac installed and working on my machine. Can somebody help with
this?

A sample of failures is the following:

[INFO] Running
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentDiscoveryLiteServiceCrashTest
[ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
0.072 s <<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentDiscoveryLiteServiceCrashTest
[ERROR]
testTwoNodesWithCrashAndLongduringRecovery(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentDiscoveryLiteServiceCrashTest)
Time elapsed: 0.035 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start docker container:
DockerConfig{name=MongoDB}
Caused by: com.spotify.docker.client.exceptions.DockerException: Unable to
pull docker image mongo:3.6
Caused by: com.spotify.docker.client.exceptions.DockerException:
com.spotify.docker.client.shaded.com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException:
Can not construct instance of
com.spotify.docker.client.messages.RegistryAuth: no String-argument
constructor/factory method to deserialize from String value ('swarm')
 at [Source: N/A; line: -1, column: -1] (through reference chain:
java.util.LinkedHashMap["stackOrchestrator"])
Caused by:
com.spotify.docker.client.shaded.com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException:
Can not construct instance of
com.spotify.docker.client.messages.RegistryAuth: no String-argument
constructor/factory method to deserialize from String value ('swarm')
 at [Source: N/A; line: -1, column: -1] (through reference chain:
java.util.LinkedHashMap["stackOrchestrator"])

[ERROR]
testTwoNodesWithCrashAndLongduringRecoveryAndBacklog(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentDiscoveryLiteServiceCrashTest)
Time elapsed: 0.026 s  <<< ERROR!

Re: Test failures in o.a.j.o.plugins.document

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.
The problem seems to be caused by an incompatibility between the Docker
client shipped with docker-junit-rule and the latest version of Docker. I
created OAK-7874 to track this.