Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Richard Hierlmeier <rh...@googlemail.com> on 2021/08/13 13:11:47 UTC

Karaf 4.3.2: Cannot connect to debugger

Today I upgraded my Karaf instance on my Laptop from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2.
After the upgrade I could no longer connect with debugger to this instance
(I used Eclipse with hostname localhost and debug port 5005).

I had to change in karaf.bat the variable:

set
DEFAULT_JAVA_DEBUG_OPTS=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=
127.0.0.1:5005

The original value is

set
DEFAULT_JAVA_DEBUG_OPTS=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

In Karaf 4.3.1 it is working with the same JDK.

Is this a known problem?

Regards

  Richard

Re: Karaf 4.3.2: Cannot connect to debugger

Posted by Richard Hierlmeier <rh...@googlemail.com>.
I found the reason for this problem.

In the file etc/org.apache.karaf.management.cfg I mixed up the ports. I
used for rmiServerPort the port 5005 (same as debug port).

The interesting thing is that the debug connection with the full qualified
hostname worked. It seems that JMX bound 127.0.0.1:5005 and the debug
server bound 0.0.0.0:5005

After switching rmiServerPort  back to 44444 (I guess this is the default)
the debug connection via localhost:5005 and 127.0.0.1 works also.

Thank you for your help.

Richard

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Richard,