Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es> on 2007/01/19 16:01:30 UTC

Maven troubles with ServiceMix 3.0 - Follow-up

Hi,

I managed to resolve the problem
> " [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).
> Project ID: null:xfire-all:jar:1.2.1
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.codehaus.xfire:xfire-parent for
project:
> null:xfire-all:jar:1.2.1"

... by proceeding as suggested here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-servicemix-users/20061
0.mbox/%3C6741201.post@talk.nabble.com%3E, that is, commenting out the
https-repository in
.m2\repository\org\codehaus\xfire\xfire-all\1.2.1\xfire-all-1.2.1.pom.

Now, my SM 3.0 Maven build works fine. Still, when opening the project
in Eclipse, there are 3388 errors, obviously resulting from missing
dependencies.

I installed the Maven Eclipse plugin from
http://maven.apache.org/eclipse-plugin.html and added the Maven-managed
dependencies to the build-path.

This reduces the number of errors to 1166. Still, it gets stuck with
tranql-1.3.pom, an issue that has been described in
http://www.mail-archive.com/servicemix-users@geronimo.apache.org/msg0598
0.html

At the moment, I am adding the missing jars manually. However, that's a
major pain.

Hence, any feedback on how to resolve this issue would be highly
appreciated. Should this post better be sent to a different mailing
list, please let me know about it.

Thanks in advance,
Ciao,
Philipp Rossmanith

DefaultBroker
> in order to enhance its features. Hence, I'll have to do some SM
> programming and want to make its code available in Eclipse.
>
> Knowing from the past that the latest features are usually available
in
> the SVN, only, I tried to set up today's snapshot
> (apache-servicemix-3.1-incubating-20070118.083008-58-src.zip). I had
> some difficulties with Maven, though.
>
> I followed the steps described in
> http://servicemix.org/site/building.html from within the top-level src
> directory. I also added M2_REPO to my workspace. MD5 checksums are ok,
> as well.
>
> At first, the build went fine, but when I opened the project, I got an
> error about my build path and some missing libraries. However, they
were
> available in my Maven2 repository.
>
> Assuming it might be related to the Maven repository, I deleted it.
> However, repeating the compilation process, the build yielded an
error:

> "Project ID: null:xfire-all:jar:1.2.2
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.codehaus.xfire:xfire-parent for
> project: null:xfire-all:jar:1.2.2"
>
> I tried with both the pom.xml contained within the src directory as
well
> as the apache-servicemix-3.1-incubating-20070118.083008-58.pom.
>
> I changed to the stable 3.0 version and did the same thing all over
> again. Now, when executing:
>

> Hence my questions:
> 1. Any idea of what I did wrong
> 2. Which is the fool-proof way of getting Eclipse-Access to the SM
> sources
> 3. Which of the two POMs do I have to use
>
> In the meanwhile, I'll be trying to fix the issues by manually
> downloading and executing the missing poms (and perhaps adding the
> repositories I find to the top-level pom).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ciao,
> Philipp Rossmanith

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorised
copying, use or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.

RE: Maven troubles with ServiceMix 3.0 - Follow-up

Posted by "Rossmanith, Philipp" <ph...@t-systems.es>.
Not yet :-) I checked "Building", "Documentation", and the main page of
servicemix.org, but that link slipped me. I'll try it out...

Thanks - you made my day :-)

Philipp Rossmanith

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.