Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 17:15:01 UTC

[OT] Expression language logging?

Instead of having to debug our project any manually inspecting value
expressions, is there a way to get debug level logging from EL? I am
currently using JSF RI 1.2 on OC4J.

I tried turning the java util logging and log4j logging to trace/all for
javax.el without any output.

It would be great to see a resolver print out each step of the evaluation.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: [OT] Expression language logging?

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrew, I guess you could override Application to return a decorated
ExpressionFactory that in turn decorate the expression created to log their
value every now and then. Adding an EL resolver might also be an option.

Speaking of which, does anyone know an easy way to apply decorator pattern
on ELResolver for both JSF and JSP itself? For ELResolver, the only way I
see is to override Application but I see no way to hook all EL evaluation
for JSP...

Regards,

~ Simon

Posted by "Jesse Alexander (KSFH 323)" <al...@credit-suisse.com>.
Hi

some classes request a logger with a "virtual" class/package name.

Maybe you should check the source of the EL whether it uses the real
classname to acquire the logger or a virtual one.

regards
Alexander