Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Chris Clarke <cc...@talis.com> on 2011/10/08 00:49:56 UTC

Fuseki BlockMgrFile Bounds Exception

Hi all,

I've loaded around 200M triples (from around 25 source datasets) into single tdb dataset. Fronted by Fuseki, I now get the following error when trying to SPARQL:

Error 500: BlockMgrFile: Bounds exception: /mnt/ceu/DB/node2id.idn: (8220,7168)

Fuseki - version 0.2.1-SNAPSHOT (Date: 2011-09-08T16:38:26+0000)

Any ideas?

Chris

Re: Fuseki BlockMgrFile Bounds Exception

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,
I pinged Chris to ask him if he has solved his problem.
Local expertise is not in the office this week! :-)

Paolo Castagna wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> from your message it is not clear if you are using tdbloader, tdbloader2 or
> something else.
>
> Also, you should make absolutely sure you are not running Fuseki or any other
> Java application pointing at the same TDB location while you do a load.

This was the issue.

Chris was loading data into TDB while running (and querying with) Fuseki.

TDB has concurrency checking within the same JVM.
It's not supported and it's not save running two JVM pointing them at the
same TDB location.

Chris has confirmed that he reloaded all of his data successfully making
sure Fuseki was not running at load time.

Incremental bulkloading without shutting down Fuseki is IMHO an interesting
use case for those using Fuseki in production to run their SPARQL endpoints.
I guess, the answer to that is to use SPARQL Update or the Graph Store HTTP
Protocol. Isn't it?

Cheers,
Paolo

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.