Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/11/21 18:29:28 UTC

[m2] delicious bookmarks plugin comments

(hammer looks for nail)

Hi,

Just trying to find out if anybody would find it useful to have a
maven delicious bookmarks plugin. I've created a java module that
allows me to access various delicious functionality at the command
line - originally because I wanted a way to export my Safari
bookmarks, which are several hundred in number - and so thought I'd
wrap it into a maven plugin.

But after racking my brains I realized I couldn't think of a single
reason to mavenize this code - so just wondering if anyone might have
any bright ideas.

Not expecting much, but just wanted to be sure before I possibly
abandon the idea.

Thanks
- Ashley

Re: [m2] delicious bookmarks plugin preview available

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
For the time being I think the plugin would have to fit in with the
build lifecycle, but what
your suggesting might be useful standalone behavior in the future.

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
Can you expand on this?

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That's what its for - go play! :)

Re: [m2] delicious plugin in sandbox

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
The plugin is now available in the sandbox:
https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/delicious-maven-
plugin/

At the moment it creates too many links to be useful. Basically it
scans every single
html file in the target/site directory for every single link and
reuses the link name as
the delicious tags list.

However...

If folk feel this is the right direction then I suppose the next step
would be to factor
out a set of commonly used links with standardized tags to avoid the
overwhelming
number of delicious posts created. I feel a manageable subset is
possible based
on the fact that (default) generated sites are very similar.

Ideas for other delicious goals would also be welcome.

- Ashley

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.

Re: [m2] delicious bookmarks plugin comments

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
Hi Brett,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.