Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Sertic Mirko, Bedag" <Mi...@bedag.ch> on 2008/01/21 10:26:12 UTC

t:saveState and redirect

Hi all!

I've got a question regarding t:saveState and request scope session
beans.
Is it possible to use t:saveState in combination with a <redirect/>
navigation rule?
Are there any things I have to take care of?

Thanks a lot
Mirko

Re: AW: t:saveState and redirect

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Sertic Mirko, Bedag a écrit :
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Does the RedirectTracker track it's state in the HttpSession
> object?
Yes
> What do I have to do if I don't want to use any
> HttpSession in combination with ClientState saving due to
> load balancer issues?

Then, don't use redirect? During a redirect, all request scoped object
gets lost, unless you save them in session. There seems however to be a
small possibility to use redirect + keeping some data without using session:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Custom_Navigation_Handler

See section about Dynami Url parameters passing

AW: t:saveState and redirect

Posted by "Sertic Mirko, Bedag" <Mi...@bedag.ch>.
Thanks a lot.

Does the RedirectTracker track it's state in the HttpSession
object? What do I have to do if I don't want to use any

Re: t:saveState and redirect

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Try this: