Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Warren Nicholson <wa...@nfinausa.com> on 2013/03/21 17:00:50 UTC

CloudStack 3.02 and Xenserver 6.02 in Production

Please help!

I have an issue with Cloudstack 3.02 is reporting
one of my 6.02 xenservers in a down state.

All of the VM's on this server are running fine.

I restarted using the xe-toolstack-restart at the command line, but it's
still shows down under Cloudstack, and I can't live migrate the VM's
off while the server is in this state (from cloudstack).

Suggestions?

warren.nicholson@nfinausa.com

RE: CloudStack 3.02 and Xenserver 6.02 in Production

Posted by Warren Nicholson <wa...@nfinausa.com>.
I did get a weird message when I restarted the service.

Cloudstack reported that it couldn't start the VM's that
were on the server I restarted, however, all the VM's
are running just fine, and the state of that server is
now UP according to Cloudstack.

Warren

Since all the VM's were running, and the pool was up, Geoff Higginbottom suggested I restart cloud management service.

That worked!

Warren

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
woohooo! glad to hear.

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Warren,

Have you restarted the CloudStack management service

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>| M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> |www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

On 21 Mar 2013, at 17:01, "Warren Nicholson" <wa...@nfinausa.com>> wrote:

Please help!

I have an issue with Cloudstack 3.02 is reporting
one of my 6.02 xenservers in a down state.

All of the VM's on this server are running fine.

I restarted using the xe-toolstack-restart at the command line, but it's
still shows down under Cloudstack, and I can't live migrate the VM's
off while the server is in this state (from cloudstack).

Suggestions?

warren.nicholson@nfinausa.com<ma...@nfinausa.com>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: CloudStack 3.02 and Xenserver 6.02 in Production

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
there are a few things you can try. one is to modify the state of the host
in the database to Up and send a force reconnect from cloudstack, remember
to null out the management server id in the host table. see if that helps.
If not. I would disable the cluster, manually migrate vm's off that host,
then reboot that host.

Before you try anything is there anything in the xensource.log on that host
that could be telling. cloudstack should be trying to periodically connect
to it, wonder if there are any errors being thrown.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Warren Nicholson <