Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Acácio Furtado Costa <Ac...@magnesita.com.br> on 2005/05/05 13:33:01 UTC

Pass parameter to the JVM at startup

Hi ALL,

    Does anyone know how to pass one parameter by Tomcat 5.0.28 to the  starts JVM?

    I need to pass the "- server" parameter to the JVM (SUN 1.4.2) but I don´t know where I put this to call JVM.

    Thanks

Acacio Furtado Costa
Pesquisa e Tecnologia

GIA - Magnesita S/A
*  acacioc@magnesita.com.br

Re: socket error

Posted by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com>.
Although not 100% sure - I can bet it is your database /db connection that
is pushing this error!!

Anoop

On 5/5/05, Maarten Janssen <ma...@bedrijven.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know where his is coming from?
>
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
>
> Seems not al the clients have the problem with using my application
> (Tomcat
> 5.5) but one has the problem producing above errors.
> Any ideas??
>
> Maarten

Thanks and best regards,
Anoop

socket error

Re: Pass parameter to the JVM at startup

Posted by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com>.
Acácio Furtado Costa wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
>     Does anyone know how to pass one parameter by Tomcat 5.0.28 to the  starts JVM?
>
>     I need to pass the "- server" parameter to the JVM (SUN 1.4.2) but I don´t know where I put this to call JVM.

Use the JAVA_OPTS variable in catalina.sh or .bat
You can also increase the memory settings here, e.g. -server -Xms512m
-Xmx1024m or whatever other jvm options you need.
>     Thanks
Cheers,
Michael