Posted to openrelevance-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/06/10 21:43:21 UTC

Curating our own archive

Simon, Robert and I had some discussion at Berlin Buzzwords about creating a collection from Apache mail archives and crowd sourcing some of the queries, rel judgments, etc.

Robert, could you share the paper URL we discussed?

Anyone interested in talking more about it?  We were thinking if we setup a good experiment, that we might be able to get some funding to use Mechanical Turk.

-Grant

RE: Curating our own archive

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
This is probably a good place to mention that as part of the HebMorph
project (http://www.code972.com/blog/hebmorph/), I'm working on a "viewer"
tool to aid with crown-judging. I'm building this with the intention of
having a Web 2.0 tool able to serve several corporas per language, for more
than one language, and to be able to allow several people to make judgements
based on the documents that haven't been judged yet, for a topic that
interests them (or not...).

I'm a .NET dev, and will start actual development between tomorrow and
Sunday using ASP.NET MVC. If there's anyone here interested in doing the
actual development with Java (better choice for Apache I guess), I'd be
happy to join; I just can't lead a Java dev project at the moment... Only
problem is I need this FAST, and therefore would rather provide a .NET tool
than wait for a Java one...

Code will be released under the ASL, so will be the Hebrew ORP I'm working
on.

Itamar.

Re: Curating our own archive

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>wrote:

> Simon, Robert and I had some discussion at Berlin Buzzwords about creating
> a collection from Apache mail archives and crowd sourcing some of the
> queries, rel judgments, etc.
>
> Robert, could you share the paper URL we discussed?

In Berlin we discussed the fact that the FIRE forum did one like this:

http://www.isical.ac.in/~fire/paper_2010/notes.pdf
http://www.isical.ac.in/~fire/paper_2010/slides/mlaf.ppt

One interesting thing about doing this for the mail archives, anything
learned could be practically useful to folks trying to index this content
and ultimately help us.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: Curating our own archive

Posted by dc...@gmail.com.
Hey Grant,

What are some of the objectives you would like to achieve with your
experiment? Is there any information you can direct me to that is pertinent
to the experiment?

Cheers,
--Dan