Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/19 19:00:26 UTC

Root Region Error with hbase 0.98.4

Hello,

I am running  a ycsb instance to insert data into  hbase.All was well when
this was against hbase 0.96.1.Now I am trying to run the same program to
another cluster which is configured with  hbase 0.98.4.I  get the below
error on the client side.Could some one help me with this?.

The znode for the -ROOT- region doesn't exist!

Thanks,
Nishan

Re: Root Region Error with hbase 0.98.4

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Did you wipe everything before you ran your code against 0.94.
0.96 and later no longer the -ROOT- region. If you start from scratch with 0.94 it will create the necessary ZK state for you (including the -ROOT- node).

You need to wipe _everything_ HDFS, and the Zookeeper state (rmr the /hbase znode, or wipe the ZK state directory on all nodes)

-- Lars