Posted to user@flink.apache.org by lec ssmi <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/02 10:12:17 UTC

time column used by timer

In KeyedProcessFunction, we can register a timer based on EventTime, but in
the register method, we don't need to specify the time column. So if the
elements of this KeyedStream are not the classes that originally specified
timestamp and watermark, can this timer run normally?

Re: time column used by timer

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi,

timestamps and watermarks are attached to every stream record in the
runtime. After assignTimestampsAndWatermarks() extracted them, Flink
handles those attributes internally.

For example, it doesn't matter which class you are emitting in a flatMap
function, the runtime will set the timestamp for all emitted records to
the input timestamp.

Regards,
Timo