Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Will Hartung <wi...@msoft.com> on 2006/08/25 17:19:07 UTC

FataSourceReal, can't find data source

I'm trying to get a DataSourceRealm working for my project.

When I try to log in, I get:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:769)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:152)
        at
org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm.open(DataSourceRealm.java:401)

Here's my Context.xml (it's short):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/WebApplication5">
  <Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1" name="jdbc/securedb"
password="password" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
url="jdbc:postgresql://dbhost:5432/securedb" username="secureuser"/>
  <ResourceLink global="jdbc/securedb" name="jdbc/securedb"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
dataSourceName="jdbc/securedb" debug="99" roleNameCol="role"
userCredCol="password" userNameCol="loginid" userRoleTable="userroleview"
userTable="user"/>
</Context>

I also have the proper (I think) references and such in the web.xml:
    <resource-ref>
        <description>Postgres Datasource</description>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/securedb</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

So, I must be missing something fundamental, but I thought I had all of the
tracks covered.

Any hints appreciated.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)

Re: FataSourceReal, can't find data source

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Hmm -- config looks good for what you've provided.  Might want to take a
look a little higher up in the logs to see if there's another problem
contributing to this one.

--David

Posted by Will Hartung <wi...@msoft.com>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.