Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/08 17:22:01 UTC

[VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

If at first you don't succeed... hopefully this candidate passes all the
hurdles.

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
(incubating) version 1.3.5.  This will be the first incubator release for
Accumulo.

This release candidate fixes the license documentation issues found in rc9:
  * Added the BSD license to the LICENSE file for jline
  * Added the missing entry in NOTICE for the bloom filter files

I generated the tarballs by exporting
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/accumulo/tags/1.3.5rc10
then running "tar cvzf" to create the src and running
"./src/assemble/build.sh" to create the dist.

Tarballs, checksums, signatures:

http://people.apache.org/~ecn/

MD5 sums:

17e0c980a55b7be3abe560a38422e037  accumulo-1.3.5-incubating-rc10-dist.tar.gz
9e5bbca4935d3b80869cbabb9a52608d  accumulo-1.3.5-incubating-rc10-src.tar.gz

SVN tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/accumulo/tags/1.3.5rc10

Keys:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/accumulo/KEYS

Given the amount of time allowed for the previous 3 calls and nature of the
latest changes, I would like this to be a 24 hour vote.

Thanks,

-Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

The RC looks fine to me, it appears to have been a rather lengthy
process with quite a few necessary changes taken on board between
RC's. It would have been nice if these changes were included in your
CHANGES file between RC's, but by no means is this a blocker.

Another rather personal thing on this, it is always nice to have an
accurate change log, especially in trunk as I notice there have been
changes made yesterday, which are not included in the change log...

A big positive, is the flawless builds which you guys have on Jenkins,
this is great to see.

So to conclude a +1 from me.

Thanks

Lewis

--
Lewis

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

--
Lewis

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by Adam Fuchs <ad...@ugov.gov>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

For the next release, I'd suggest updating the user manual to make sure it's
labeled "Apache Accumulo" for the title and the first reference in the text to
make sure that is very clear.   Likewise, the README in the bin distribution
could use an introductory paragraph that describe what Accumulo is (and brands
it Apache).  Also, the first line of the CHANGES file could say "Apache
Accumulo".    The project name really is "Apache Accumulo".

Nothing major and definitely not something to hold up this release even more.
Just suggestions for the future.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Adam Fuchs <ad...@ugov.gov>.
+1 overall

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If at first you don't succeed... hopefully this candidate passes all the
> hurdles.
>
> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> (incubating) version 1.3.5.  This will be the first incubator release for
> Accumulo.
>
> This release candidate fixes the license documentation issues found in rc9:
>  * Added the BSD license to the LICENSE file for jline
>  * Added the missing entry in NOTICE for the bloom filter files
>
> I generated the tarballs by exporting
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/accumulo/tags/1.3.5rc10
> then running "tar cvzf" to create the src and running
> "./src/assemble/build.sh" to create the dist.
>
> Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~ecn/
>

> MD5 sums:
>
> 17e0c980a55b7be3abe560a38422e037  accumulo-1.3.5-incubating-rc10-dist.tar.gz
> 9e5bbca4935d3b80869cbabb9a52608d  accumulo-1.3.5-incubating-rc10-src.tar.gz
>

> SVN tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/accumulo/tags/1.3.5rc10
>

> Keys:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/accumulo/KEYS
>

> Given the amount of time allowed for the previous 3 calls and nature of the
> latest changes, I would like this to be a 24 hour vote.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Eric

+1

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1  Sorry about the tardy check.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by John W Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.
Made my changes, site is now published. Should be good, and if not we'll fix it.

John

Posted by Adam Fuchs <ad...@ugov.gov>.

Posted by Adam Fuchs <ad...@ugov.gov>.

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
Thanks to all who have taken the time to evaluate our release candidates.  We have 2 +1 IPMC and 4 +1 PPMC votes, so we still need another IPMC vote for this release.  Could someone help us out with this?

Billie

Posted by John W Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.
Hey folks,

Our 72 hour minimum window has passed, and unfortunately we have not gotten enough approving votes (though no unvotes). I believe we only need one more IPMC approval vote to wrap up our first release, so if one of you could take a bit of time to look through RC10 and approve it (or provide criticism) that would be stellar.

Cheers
John

FYI: [RESULT][VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.

Posted by John W Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.
+1 checks out for me

Re: MENTORS PING: [VOTE] accumulo-1.3.5-incubating RC10

Posted by Adam Fuchs <ad...@ugov.gov>.
So far we have IPMC votes from Alan and Benson. Just one more and we can do
a release!

Adam

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I'm in, right?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.
MENTORS!!!

Posted by John W Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.
Hey folks,

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
+1 checksums, signatures, runs, simple functional tests