Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/03 23:52:09 UTC

new Configuration Admin from OSGI 4.3 draft

Hello everyone (and happy new year to all the Felix community !)

I see that the new Coordinator Service from the OSGI 4.3 draft specification
is already
implemented in the Felix trunk. So, does this mean that the Configuration
Admin changes proposed
in the 4.3 draft will also be implemented soon ?

I am actually very interested in the new CM draft, because it seems that
now,  PIDS are not bound anymore
to a single location bundle, which allows to share some global PIDs between
several bundles, like
"system" configurations, global properties, etc ...

Thanks;
/pierre

Re: new Configuration Admin from OSGI 4.3 draft

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 04.01.2011, 09:32 +0100 schrieb Peter Kriens:
> Be very careful, the last EG meeting made some drastic decisions about the COnfig Admin changes. It seems likely we will have a version 2 CM spec because some people regarded the changes as not backward compatible. It is very unlikely that this will become part of the upcoming release for Eclipse Con but it will likely become part of the later releases this year.

ooook ;-)

Looking forward to see the next draft, then ;-)

Regards
Felix

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
ok,