Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/04/21 18:07:43 UTC

html:link invalid for DTD???

Hello,

I am creating a new site, and I am having trouble interpreting an error message:
I have a jsp page with the following html:img in it.
and this shows the image with the context and all is happy.

As soon as I try and create this shop image into a link like so.....

I get this error message:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /jsp/welcome.jsp(34,7) Attribute action invalid for tag link according to TLD
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)

I am looking at the docs here:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#link

and there are no "REQUIRED" attributes.

Also, how would I know what DTD this is using?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

RE: How to get form from JSP

Posted by Wiebe de Jong <wi...@shaw.ca>.
The form is already defined as a bean. You can access it using the name you
gave it in your struts-config file.

i.e. <form-bean name="myForm" ...

Wiebe

Re: html:link invalid for DTD???

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Scott Purcell wrote:

>As soon as I try and create this shop image into a link like so.....
>
>I get this error message:
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /jsp/welcome.jsp(34,7) Attribute action invalid for tag link according to TLD
>
>I am looking at the docs here:
>http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#link
>
>and there are no "REQUIRED" attributes.

Nothing says anything about missing a required attribute, it says you're
using an invalid one. Which is, actually, just as weird, because
"action" is a perfectly valid attribute for html:link. Common, in fact.

>Also, how would I know what DTD this is using?

TLD? Because when you have your JSP page at the top you have a <%@
taglib...%> directive in which you specify the TLD for the html taglib, no?

Dave

Re: html:link invalid for DTD???

Posted by gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca.
The slash is okay in the action.
Where is exactly this snippet of code in the welcome.jsp?:

Jeff Beal <jb...@gmail.com>
21/04/2005 01:10 PM

        cc:     (bcc: Glenn Deschenes/NAT/CMHC-SCHL/CA)

        Subject:        Re: html:link invalid for DTD???
 Classification:

Have you tried removing the slash so you just have 'action="welcome"'?
 I can never remember when the slash is required and when it is not
allowed, but I think that for action "names" you don't use the slash.

-- Jeff

Re: html:link invalid for DTD???

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried removing the slash so you just have 'action="welcome"'?
 I can never remember when the slash is required and when it is not
allowed, but I think that for action "names" you don't use the slash.

-- Jeff

On 4/21/05, Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> wrote:
> As soon as I try and create this shop image into a link like so.....
>
> I get this error message:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /jsp/welcome.jsp(34,7) Attribute action invalid for tag link according to TLD
>         org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)

Re: html:link invalid for DTD???

Posted by gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca.
What does the Action Mapping look like for /welcome ?

"Scott Purcell" <sp...@vertisinc.com>
21/04/2005 12:07 PM

        To:     <us...@struts.apache.org>
        cc:     (bcc: Glenn Deschenes/NAT/CMHC-SCHL/CA)

        Subject:        html:link invalid for DTD???
 Classification: